Hives in children: What is it and what causes it?
Hives in children is manifested in the skin with red spots and sometimes itching or pruritus. The rash is named after the nettle, an herb that, when touched, produces in the child's skin and irritating characteristics red spots. Also on the child's skin may also appear a small, itchy, raised, white, surrounded by a red inflamed area. The inflammation affects especially the arms, legs and chest, but may appear anywhere in the body. The most distressing symptom is pruritus (itching), which, however, not always present. Symptoms last a few hours, and then they could reappear after 24-72 hours.
Here is a list of some of the most common trigger for hives in children:
- The skin friction, from the tip of a pen that touches the skin, in contact with furniture, towels, blankets, bracelet, strap watch.
- A stimulus too intense. Prolonged exposure to heat from a radiator or a stove, a hot bath, sweat, food too spicy, intense physical exertion or strong emotion can appear on the child's skin after 2-10 minutes , red dots surrounded by a reddened area, which, however, will disappear within an hour.
- The cold. There is the so-called cold hives, "which is caused by contact with water, air and cold objects. The lower the temperature, the greater the reaction, which appears after a few seconds or minutes, which normally affects only the exposed area.
- Food additives. They are a major cause of hives in children, particularly chronic.
- Some foods, like milk, fish, meat, eggs, beans or nuts, can cause hives.
- Drugs. Penicillin, but aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs, become more permeable intestinal wall and can therefore support the development of hives. Aspirin, one of the most used drugs in the world, contains aspirin.
- Infections. Caused by both bacterial and viral, fungal, such as candida albicans, have among their manifestations of hives.
- Psychological factors. Scholars agree saying that the hives may be caused by psychological factors, but surely, stress and strong emotions can make the child more sensitive to irritants that cause hives.
- In some cases, the hives are of hereditary origin.
|When you order OxyHives today, you can take advantage of our best offer ever. Give it a try and convince yourself with the satisfying results. Don't wait anymore, you are one click away from getting the perfect result!|